Project 2: How Bout Them Apples


For Project 2, we were to remake the live performance of Project 1. I came up with the idea of cutting apples one day at lunch when I was just cutting an apple and found that the noises were very interesting. The juices dripping down also caught my attention and I decided that this would be a fun mundane task to change up a little bit.

This performance is different than my first in that I took everyones suggestions to slow down when I came to the last apple and really look out into the audience (or camera in this case). I also changed from paper plates to plastic ones because the sound of the knife cutting through the apple is more distinct when it finally makes contact with the plate. Overall, I am happy with how this performance and video turned out.

If I had to change one thing about my performance, it would be more aggressive at the second apple and really get the pieces to start flying because it would add a comical aspect to the piece. I would also possibly use three different knives, but I liked how the butter knife made the most distinct sounds due to the small struggle of cutting through the apple.

The residue from this video was great because all three apples looked very different in the end. Eating the residue after this picture was taken was about as fun as performing the piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 3

Project 6: Femininity and Physicality

Project 5: "Art must be beautiful, artist must be beautiful" by Marina Abramovic...REMAKE